This new BMLA-approved course is for the advanced learner seeking an independent award certificate at QCF Level 4 in Laser Tattoo and Benign Pigmented Blemish Removal with additional material covering new and advanced techniques.
Module 1: Tattoo Origins, Anatomy and Physiology. Content includes:
• Origins, cultural heritage and epidemiology of tattooing
• Tattoo machines, needles and accessories; Tattoo inks and pigments in skin
• Common skin disorders; Tissue structure and function
• The structure & function of the circulatory, lymphatic & endocrine systems
• Possible effects of laser tattoo removal treatments
• Tattoo techniques, methods, classes and craftsmanship
• Classes of tattoo: amateur, professional; medical and traumatic tattooing
• Alternative methods of tattoo removal
• Benign epidermal and dermal pigmentation
• Common examples and body location
• When to refer on & Mode of action
This is the first part of a three-module (level 4) or four module (level 5) program.
• Mandatory: Level 3 or 4 ‘Core of Knowledge’ (ED220) Laser User, Laser Safety Officer (LSO) or equivalent recognised certification course.
• Recommended: QCF Level 3 'Laser & IPL Hair Removal & Skin Rejuvenation’ course.
Note: The above entry requirements are not part of this program and must be completed separately.
This module is awarded 10 CPD points representing 10 contact hours of learning