This vocationally related course is the first of 3 theory modules pertaining to the subject of Laser and IPL Hair Reduction and Skin Rejuvenation.
This course and subsequent modules are aimed at individuals intending to provide advanced laser or intense pulsed light (IPL) hair reduction and skin rejuvenation treatments in a dedicated treatment room, medical or cosmetic clinic.
Module 1: Skin & Hair Anatomy and Physiology
Includes 46-page Course Workbook, training video, multiple choice assessment and video transcript
• Anatomy and Functionality of Hair
• The Photoaging Process in Skin
• The Anatomy and Functionality of the Layers of the Skin
• The Structure and Function of the Circulatory, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems in Relation to Laser and IPL Treatments
• Glossary of Laser and IPL Terms
• Hair Growth Table
• Mandatory: Level 3 or 4 ‘Core of Knowledge’ Laser User, Laser Safety Officer (LSO) or equivalent recognised certification course.
• Recommended: Level 3 ‘Light Based Hair Reduction’ course or evidence of other training of electrolysis and anatomy and physiology knowledge such as a Beauty Certificate Level 3.
The above entry requirements are not part of this program and must be completed separately.
This module is awarded 10 CPD points representing 10 contact hours of learning